Saturday, January 25, 2020

Chipping Away at My Roadblocks

     I had the delightful experience of seeing a picture of a small boy wearing a pair of PJ's I included in a small box of odd things I still had the tags on. I had extra things, as a result of those 3 pair packages with duplicate colors (big bargains on Amazon), which ended up having one extra that never got out of the original package.
     That box was given to a young man who helped me with an odd job and a dump run yesterday. His wife sent me a picture of their son waving at me wearing the PJ's with a smile that looked like it was Christmas for him. I'm realizing I hold onto some things because I don't know who needs them, but, more personalized evaluation reveals, not sure why - but want to let it go, I want to see who gets the things - but, I don't want them to know where the things came from (dilemma? or massive roadblock?)
     This is calling me in for some deeper exploration. Shopping bans don't always mean 'no shopping' but they do mean 'nothing new for myself - purchased with my own money' except for the approved list I created BEFORE the year started. I put gifts for my children and grandchildren (reasonable-utilitarian-thoughtful- $25 or under each That's seven gifts pre-approved and I'm guessing 
     I've exhausted their desire for wire art long ago lol)I've been good!! Only browsing a bit much a couple of times (Facebook Marketplace is the DEVIL hahaha), I quickly got to the thought 'why am I doing this to myself?' when at least 10 things (at garage sale prices) caught my attention. 

Let's keep decluttering and remembering the reason for the year of going deeper, 
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment